Tuesday 8 May 2012

wk10.1




If I am completely honest, I did not even noticed that Helvetica was used so often! Once I started looking for it I saw its power in modern marketing and advertising. People walk around not knowing that almost every sign is written by Helvetica. It shows us how much a designer can do if he has a good IDEA. He can change the world! 



It appears in everything, if you check your web browser almost every word is written in Helvetica. Every word in windows operating system is by default written in Helvetica.




Helvetica


Although I do not know a lot about typography and stuff related to fonts this movie opened a new, interesting door into the world of exploration for me. To be honest I watched the movie Helvetica and my lack of knowledge in font design limited me to see all the problems that appear in Helvetica. 
Helvetica (2007)


Link to the movie info: CLICK HERE

Maybe you have noticed but this article was written in HELVETICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment