Saturday 10 March 2012

wk3

Adobe Illustrator 


We are in third week of this subjects task and we were asked to create the representation of the area we will build in. This task was one of the less interesting ones... But it had to be done. 

During this exercise I was using Adobe Illustrator CS5.

First thing I had to do was think of what I am going to represent. Since I don’t have any experience from the field of the area representation it was really hard for me to decide what to represent. 

For the first representation I have created a diagram of the Faculty area where my building will stand. This part represents the composition of the sites materials. There aren’t a lot of plants or grass in the area of the FA. To this diagram I added the arrow that leads to the lower diagram with more transparent colors. The main roll in this part represents the green overlay with the percentage that represents one of the goals that I want to achieve with my project. This goal is at least 10-25% more plants and grass outside of this building.

The presentation of a goal I want to achieve with this project  (correct simular with similar)

Diagram that shows important locations near project area


Sunrise and sunset cycle for projects region area (February, May, August, November) 



Here I added a tutorial for people that want to learn more about creation of graphs and charts in Adobe Illustrator since I know I wasn’t really explaining how to do stuff in Ai.







I wasn’t really excited about this exercise. Making graphs and presentations with Ai is really boring, but we will all have to do/learn it sooner or later so it is got thing to at least start to explore this program which could be really handy if you know how to use it. I learned few new tricks while doing this exercise, but there is still a long way to go for me to create great presentations and fully understand the power of this tool. 


Here is my first sunrise/sunset diagram which I have corrected. After I posted it for the first time the sun on the right wasn't satisfying enough so it had to be changed so the sun itself merged with his side
1st attempt 

No comments:

Post a Comment